ICTSG is the international platform established for the safeguarding and promotion of traditional and indigenous sports in the world.
The mission of the Council is to:
- contribute to the promotion and development of TSG, as a distinct and different category to modern sports, and facilitate the promotion and understanding of TSG as cultural identity and diversity in view of achieving sport for peace in the context of achieving Education for All (EFA) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations;
- ensure that TSG fully becomes part of national policy development and be incorporated in development plans at governmental, intergovernmental and civil society levels;
- ensure the periodic organization of traditional as well as indigenous sport and game Festivals and meetings/seminars aiming to bring together diverse and various cultural and geographical representations and to address the challenges and issues that requires political and civil society commitment for the advancement of TSG;
- advocate and raise awareness on the role and impact of TSG on social and educational demands that can facilitate the achievement of EFA and the SDGs;
- encourage and support the promotion of women in TSG at all levels, with a view to implementing the principle of gender equality by safeguarding traditional and indigenous sports and games; and
- encourage and support activities blending traditional and indigenous sport with culture and education.